Health in Mind - Befriending Training
Health in Mind are currently recruiting for new befrienders in Midlothian and are offering training on Friday 22nd February from 10am-4pm at 2b Douglas Crescent in Bonnyrigg.
• 9.30am - Coffee & biscuits
• 10am - Introductions to Health in Mind, to Befriending Services, to the team, to each other and to your role as a volunteer
• Discussing hopes and fears about volunteering
• Exploring your own unique, individual gifts;
• Strengthening, discovering and celebrating why we want to volunteer
• What are boundaries and why do we need them?
• Hearing from current volunteers’ experiences
Lunch is provided
• What is your role?
• Communication with us & supporting you
• Emphasising the importance of taking care of ourselves
• What Support & Supervision will you receive?
• Exploring what challenges us and what may challenge us in a match
• Policies, including confidentiality and practical volunteer issues
• The very basics…
• Questions and next steps…
After the training course, volunteers will meet with Kevin Kent, who coordinates the volunteers, to discuss how the training course went as well as next steps towards matching. This will be scheduled on an individual basis after the course.
To find out more or to register for this training, contact Kevin Kent, Assistant Manager of Befriending Services, on 07760753038 or email KevinKent@health-in-mind.org.uk