A “last ditch” attempt is being made to save MAEDT which is under threat due to a lack of board members.
If you have an interest in the local community and would like to find out more about becoming a board member please contact Mark Thistlewood Volunteer Coordinator on 0131 663 5317
Mentoring someone would:-
- Speed up you securing your own employment with enhanced CV and improved knowledge on application and interview processes
- Give you an opportunity to practice interview skills, application and CV skills, communication skills. Inter personal skills, people skills and coaching & counseling skills
- Give you job satisfaction
- Give you an opportunity to meet new people and learn different cultures
Requirements are to:-
- Take either individual or group mentor training
- Mentor someone for 2 to three hours over a day per week for less than six months.
Tel: Dissa on 0131 225 7970
Tuesday 26th August, 12noon-2pm at Dalkeith Arts Centre
Join us for a chat and a sandwich to find out about volunteering with Home Link Family Support. We train volunteers to visit vulnerable Midlothian families to offer emotional and practical support. You don’t need any experience but you will make a big difference.
The Volunteer Centre has rebranded as Volunteer Midlothian. We felt that this name better reflects the work that we are doing to develop volunteering in our local area. We are no longer just a 'centre' for people to find out about opportunities. In addition to our work with organisations and individuals we run a number of projects which provide good quality volunteering opportunities for people of all ages but which also contribute to Midlothian's Community Planning priorities by providing services to local residents.